We are beyond thrilled to announce that media icon (and all-around awesome human being) Charlotte Empey has agreed to take on the role of AHA’s Toronto Bureau Chief.
AHA partner, Ruth Atherley, and Charlotte have known each other and worked together for many, many years. Their friendship and professional relationship goes back to the days when Charlotte founded and was Editor-in-Chief of Modern Woman magazine and Ruth was a contributing writer for her. Charlotte went on to have senior and leadership roles at many of Canada’s national publications – including as Editor-in-Chief for Metro English Canada (daily) newspapers and Canadian Living magazine.
In this partnership role, Charlotte will work with the AHA team to expand the brand journalism and branded content services in Toronto, Vancouver and across the country.
With shrinking newsrooms, organizations are challenged in getting their stories told via media coverage. Understanding how widespread the changes in traditional media are, as well as the power of social networks, online content and search engine optimization (SEO), the AHA team realized years ago how important it is for brands to tell their own stories.
In order to meet a growing client need in this area, the AHA team has put a strong focus on creating engaging, informative, well-written and professionally-produced branded content and brand journalism campaigns for our clients. This approach allows the brand story to be effectively and authentically shared with organizations’ stakeholders, communities and target markets in a way that engages the audience.
For our purposes, branded content speaks more specifically to projects or individual items to be developed – such as web content, one-off articles, videos or podcasts – and brand journalism is focused on a longer-term campaign that would include weeks, months or even years of creating ongoing, interesting, informative content on a regular basis that engages your target market or stakeholder groups.
Please click to see case studies.
AHA Branded Content/Brand Journalism Services
Our branded content/brand journalism services include, but are not limited to:
- Writing and editing
- Identification of compelling story angles relevant to an organization/project
- Defining the client’s brand story
- Interviews with subject matter experts, senior team and staff members, board of directors and other individuals, when necessary
- Research of industry/global trends, identifying key elements relevant to the subject matter
- Development of brand journalism campaigns
- Editorial content schedules for ongoing series
- Editorial content schedules for social media
- Editorial style writing of articles for websites, blogs, e-newsletters and other online publications
- Video segments and series (sometimes accompanied by articles)
- Photo essays
- Social media content
- Social media series
- Promotion of branded content on social networking sites
- Client bylined articles for submission to traditional media (consumer and trade)
- Op-ed pieces (bylined to client)
See the news release on this announcement here.